Friday, August 26, 2016

Watercolor and Stenciled Encouragement Card

I have a friend currently going through chemotherapy and battling a disease that I'm all too familiar with, one that my mother and sister both fought.  I wanted to send her an encouraging card so when Stamplorations came out with their new stamp set, "Butterflies and Buttercups", I knew it would be perfect for my friend.

I also wanted to enter it into a few challenges, so for the technical aspect, this card was stenciled with the Stamplorations "Just Squares" stencil.  To achieve this affect, I taped my stencil down across my card, then took my distress markers and swiped them on an acrylic block.  I used my waterbrush to transfer the colors onto my stencil to achieve a watercolored apperarance.  I varied the colors and shading with less or more water, and also used some DecoArt Americana Multi-surface white paint for splatters and splotches.



My flowers and sentiment were heat embossed and I colored my flowers with the same watercolor technique.  My background papers are from Crate Paper and Maggie Holmes and I really didn't want to cover up any of the wording with additional layers, as it was so appropriate for this card.  Sequins and ribbon/twine embellishments round out this beauty, along with gold Stickles glitter glue in the center of my flowers.

I'm also entering my card into a few challenges:
















Additional supplies:
Tim Holtz distress markers, Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon
Elizabeth Craft Designs scallop pierced dies
canvas ribbon, burlap string
Pretty Pink Posh sequins
Ranger black archival ink
Hero Arts clear embossing powder
Spellbinders Celebrations Silk Luster
WRMK Sticky Thumb adhesive
foam mounting tape



#stamplorations #biggrins #butterflies #buttercups #stencil #distress #timholtz #watercolor #elizabethcraftdesigns #dies #ribbon #heroarts #embossing #spellbinders #wrmk #wermemorykeepers #wavingmywand #terriburson #breastcancer #prettypinkposh #ranger #rangerink #decoart


2 comments:

  1. Great Card Terri! The colours you've used on it are fantastic! Thanks for joining us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!