Thursday, September 8, 2016

Nested Owls and Planner Pages with Adornit + Free Design Space Cut File



As promised, if you saw a little snippet of my decorative planner borders last week, here's the final result.  This is my September spread for my Adornit coloring planner that features those cute little scalloped edge borders.  Stay with me for just a few minutes and I'll share how to make those in multiple stacks as a time saver, which, if you're like me, time is a precious commodity!





The papers I'm using today are from the Nested Owl collection and are too darn cute, don't you think?  Grab the entire collection via the clickable link below.



Adornit Nested Owl 12 x 12 Paper Pack

In addition to these fun papers, I'm also using Adornit stickers and planner stamps as well.  I used my gel pen to color my sticker which is from the Month Titles Clear stickers collection and I'm using the "Dated" and "Noted" Planner stamps from the Documented Faith collection.  They are currently not in stock at Adornit, however you can find them at Scrapbook.com.




Earlier this year, I designed a 1.5" square with rounded corners to decorate my planner squares.  You can find the free cut file by clicking the link at the end of this post.  It's designed for Cricut Explore users and the design space program but you could substitute with a 1.5" square punch and corner rounder punch.


Now, with all this chit chat, let me get on with these cute little borders.  If you have a die cutting machine such as a Cuttlebug, Big Shot, etc., and a scalloped die, you can do this.





After cutting (or punching) my rounded squares, I placed them in 3 layer stacks on my cutting plate, then placed my die face down  so there's a scalloped edge from my die on both stacks.  Layering this with 3 tiered squares also speeds up the cutting process so instead of just one square being cut at a time, I have 6!  Be sure and run this through your machine a couple times to make sure you get a good cut.  I tried four layers but the paper was just a tad too thick to allow four in one cut.  As an added bonus, not only do you have the cute scalloped border edge, but you also have the remaining cut which was like a wave border.  I placed some of those in my planner as well. 

Use the borders on the top or bottom of your daily planner squares for that eye pleasing pop! 













Click the link below to grab the free 1.5" planner squares Design Space Cut File for
Cricut Explore Users:

https://wavingmywand.blogspot.com/2016/03/adornit-planner-pages-free-cut-file-for.html


Thanks so much for popping in today!  I hope you enjoyed my tips and tricks for your planner.


Follow me on social media:
facebook.com/wavingmywand

Additional supplies: Cuttlebug, Elizabeth Craft Designs Scallop Pierced die, enamel dots, ribbon embellishments, washi tape

#adornit #artplay #planner #stickers #stamps #washi #tape #coloring #plannerlover #nestedowls #owls #cuttlebug #documentedfaith #plannerstickers #plannerstamps #stamps #dated #noted #cricut #designspace #cricutexplore #wavingmywand #terriburson #scrapbookcom #craft #diy #scrapbook #cre8time #behappy #coloringplanner





No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!