Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Grandma's Special Soup With Adornit

This is my second project that I'm sharing today, some good old fashioned homemade goodness; Grandma's Special Soup.  This is actually from the new OCCASIONS Art Play Paintables Collection designed by Lindsay Ostrom, for Adornit.




For this project, I chose to use my Zig Clean Color brushes.  I wanted to get the true feel of that favorite can of soup that we all know and love, and I like the way that they blend.  I'm particularly fond of the grey.  It shades nicely from light to dark.  My white gel pen is a staple on most of my projects and this is no exception.  I've colored in a little "light" on my can, as you can see.




I really wanted this card to have an old fashioned feel so I've incorporated lace and gingham ribbon.  I'm also using brand new Adornit scrapbook papers design by Laura Kelly.   These papers bring a little edgy flavor to my old fashioned theme.  




This new collection can be found in independent scrapbook stores.  If your store is not carrying Adornit products, ask them if they would like to!  They will be available soon at adornit.com and scrapbook.com as well so keep checking back.  




Shop Your Fav Brands at Scrapbook.com



#adornitambassadors #adornit #artplay #paintables #laurakelly #lindsayostrom #campbellssoup #campbells #soup #scrapbookcom #wavingmywand #zigcleancolors #kuretakezig #scrapbook #card #craft #terriburson #DIY #feelbetter #getwellsoon #thinkingofyou #alloccasion #occasions #ribbon #gingham #plaid #lace #button

7 comments:

  1. Love the layering, and the lace and doily embellishments! Great coloring with the Zigs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the ribbons that you used. Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just toooo CUTE! Love the nostalgic look....you did a FABULOUS job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Zig watercolors too. I have never used the white gel pen that way though. Do you use a blender pen or ???? It looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, no blender pen but I do a little blotting with my water brush and a paper towel, here and there.

      Delete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!