Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Vintage Watercolor Christmas for TPD Stamps

I've been in a Christmas mood, here lately, and am sharing this Vintage Christmas Scene using three different stamp sets from Two Paper Divas.  If you haven't heard, they're retiring at the end of the year, after a bazillion years in the craft business.  Oh, I'm so sad to see them go!  However, their blog will still be up and running so you can continue to get inspiring ideas for your TPD Stamps.

Some of their stamps are going fast and when they're gone, they're gone for good.  That would include the Truck stamp below.  It's already sold out!  If you own it, or other stamps like it, I hope you will consider purchasing the accompanying stamp set that I've used today, called, "Pick Up Lines".    It's perfect for so many things.  As an added bonus, there's currently a store wide sale of  25% off.



In addition, I'm also using the TPD Background stamps.  My entire scene was watercolored and I used the background "plaid stamp" on the vintage sky, inking my stamp with Tombow dual brush markers, then spritzing with water and spreading the color around a bit with my waterbrush.

My trees are were also watercolored using The Crafters Workshop Evergreen stencil.  Have you ever watercolored with your stencils?  Just tape your stencil down good on your project, grab your color and waterbrush or water and paint brush and go to it.  It's a fun alternative to sponge stenciling and makes you look like a pretty snazzy artist!


To finish off my project, I took some of my DecoArt Americana Cotton Ball paint, dipped a wet toothbrush and "sprayed" my project by running my thumb across the painted toothbrush, then mounted my project onto DCWV papers.



Purchase Pick up Lines, here.


Purchase Background Stamps, here.


Visit the Two Paper Divas Blog for daily project inspiration and on Wednesdays for the Design Team Roundup.  Check out the newest release right here:



Shop Two Paper Divas for a wide selection of clear stamps, digital stamps and accessories.


Additional Supplies: Strathmore 300 series watercolor paper, Tombow Dual Brush markers, ribbon, 
DCWV Bella Armoire papers, Tim Holtz water brush, Xyron adhesive, mounting tape, hot glue



#twopaperdivas #tpdstamps #wavingmywand #vintage #truck #watercolor #background #christmas #stamps #card #diy #cre8time #dcwv #dcwvinc #bellaarmoire #tcw #thecraftersworkshop #stencil #tombow #tombowusa #snow #decoart #americana #christmascard #holiday #seasonal #timholtz #xyron #strathmorepapers #decoartblogger #terriburson #pickuplines #pickuptruck

3 comments:

  1. I definitely need to play with my water coloring soon!! Love it! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your color choices & coloring are so beautifully inspirational to me!! I love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for another fantastic posting. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a speech next week, and I was looking for more info ;) Artis Bugil Cantik dan Tubuh Mulusnya

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!