Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Design Team Blog Hop with So Suzy Stamps

Welcome to the first So Suzy Stamps Blog Hop of 2017!  If you arrived from Oleysa's blog, you're in the right place.  




Today, I'm featuring the "All You Do" sentiment, paired with the "Spire Sage" foliage stamp.  I'm doing a lot of Thank You cards this month, as January is National Thank You Month.  Plus, I need to send gratitude for all the holiday gift giving.  Take a minute and scroll through the brief tutorial below. 






Begin by inking the Spire Sage stamp with white pigment ink, onto black cardstock.   I'm using my Misti, along with a strip of washi tape to provide an even edge.   Use a water brush to distribute some of the ink, or a small wet paintbrush.  Use this same technique for the sentiment.





You can also tint with another color if you like.  I used Mellow Mint from the So Suzy Ink Bites Coastal Breeze collection.  Just dab onto your craft mat (I like to use leftover sticker paper from my Xyron sticker maker) and grab the color with your water brush or wet paintbrush and touch up with the color.  Stamp sentiment using the same technique above and when finished, trim cardstock "border" to 2" x 4".  Pop up with foam mounting tape.





Next, I used my Tim Holtz Crackle stencil.  I did a little sponging with ink then gave it up for some Stickles glitter glue.  Squirt one color all over (Diamond) and spread with a popsicle stick, then fill in the gaps with another color (Lagoon) and do the same.  Dry with a heat embossing tool to speed things along.





I thought it would be fun to add a little "snow" so I grabbed my snow marker and touched up any additional empty spaces that I could find.  Use a very thin coat, allow to dry for a few minutes, then use your heat emboss tool to "puff" up the snow.  Take care not to overheat, or it will leave burn marks.  I found my snow marker on clearance at Hobby Lobby in the Christmas Craft section.




See the puffy snow?  I also added some tiny Lagoon stickles on my foliage.  A thin strip of embossed vellum, DoubleClick Skittles, sequins and adhesive glitter ribbon complete my project.  (photo blurred below to view sparkles!)  This card also follows our January theme and technique inspiration: Baby It's Cold Outside/Use Vellum.





I was going for a wintry, mountain look.  It is so pretty in person with all the sparkle and glitter. 






Next up, is Giada.  Head on over to her blog.  


If you get lost along the way, head back to Suzy's blog.  Be sure and leave a comment on all the design team blog posts to be entered for a $25.00 gift certificate to So Suzy Stamps.  Begins 1/10 and ends 1/14/17 at 11:59pm MST.  Winner announced on 1/17/17 at sosuzystampsblog.com.  Good luck!

Please be aware that due to the Creativation conference, shipping delays are as pictured below.  Thank you for your patience.  Please be aware that shipping is usually lickety split!







#sosuzystamps #winter #sage #spiresage #thankyou #nationalthankyoumonth #wavingmywand #ranger #stickles #stamps #card #cardmaking #DIY #craft #scrapbook #vellum #timholtz #crackle #stencil #terriburson #snow #babyitscoldoutside #coastalbreeze #sosuzyinkbites #mellowmint #americancrafts #glitter #glitterribbon #bloghop #designteam

24 comments:

  1. Awesome mixed media card - love that snow marker and the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the glitter! Salima is going to go nuts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful and original card.
    Thanks for this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Stunning, Terri. I love this technique. I'll have to try that. It's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Original card! Thanks for the technique you showed us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work on this
    card, so pretty with
    all the inking and
    snow.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...thank you for sharing this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that pretty foliage and the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blue crackle background. So pretty great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terri that is fantastic mixed media cardz, love your background a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful, Terri. I love all the mixed media goodness. The combination of the black, turquoise and sparkly goodness is very pretty. Definitely a wintry, mountain look. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have captured the look of winter on your card with these beautiful colors. Thank you for sharing this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cool card! I love the color and glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! Simply amazing!!! Love your gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Stunning card! Thank you so much for the technique and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your color choices. Really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are you kidding me? That's AMAZING! Love, love, love!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous, frosty, delicate wintry wonderland thank you card! WOW! Thank you for the smiles this morning!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow how amazing! I love your work with Tim's stencil. Great textures.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lots of great techniques on this card. I really enjoyed reading about it and I like your style!

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!